
view from our balcony at Cliffrose Lodge
Staying at Cliffrose also had us just a short walk from the entrance of Zion. So the first night we walked down to the park shuttle and took a short hike to Weeping Rock. Water up to 1700 years old cascades down through cracks in the rock to create the weeping effect.
Todd said this hike was totally worth it because of the tarantula we saw on the way back. I think it was worth it besides that, but I was really amazed at all the wildlife that was just roaming around while we hiked.

We did more hiking than I've done in a long time! We went up to the Emerald Pools and down to the Narrows - just to the mouth, though, I wasn't ambitious enough to tackle that this time.

Middle Emerald Pools
The real hike was the 2.5 miles to the top of Angel's Landing which we did on the morning of our anniversary. I've done it once before and just jetted up the mountain, but I must have lost some of endurance since then because it was a pretty tough hike for us. We made it, though, and it was worth every step.
This was one of the best vacations ever and truly fitting for an anniversary. Zion should be real life and I'll go into the office a couple weeks a year.

Zion Canyon


No comments:
Post a Comment