Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year!

So for the new year, I have started a new sock. Not only is it much easier to knit than the shawl I was knitting up until Dec 23rd for Christmas, but it is also more therapeutic. My sock comes in Puck's Mischief from Blue Moon Fiber Arts which Tan, my mother-in-law, gave me for Christmas.

Tan also gave me some beautiful fiber to spin up. I am imagining it as sock yarn, but then again I can't imagine fiber as anything but sock yarn.


And here's the shawl that dominated my life in December. Actually I'm really pleased with the way it turned out and I'm completely in awe of myself for not being incredibly bored with it by the time I was halfway through, it was actually kind of exciting - I guess that's because it's my first.

Other Christmas knitting that has not been bragged about yet is my sisters "Ice Cream Geisha Socks." The foot was way too long for her, but I think she liked the sandal toe. I think I want a pair - they make wearing socks with sandals look cool.

Also check out the Picot Edged Ribbed Socks on Tan's blog that were her Christmas present. They are my favorite socks that I made in 2006.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that shawl and those socks are great! What kind of yarn did you use? I go my package today and I love the yarn thank you so much!! I can't wait till morning so I can make some yummy coffee. Thanks so much!!

Tan said...

I feel really honored that I got the favorite socks. Thanks so much. I love how your shawl came out. Lace does stay fresh throughout the project for some reason. Maybe because you have to think so much. And I love the striped toe socks.