Ah, yes, it's all over. And we did pretty good this year, no screaming or melting slugs, no strange ladies from the sea. They were all pretty coherent. A few weren't my favorite, but they were all interesting. I guess my 1-7 list would be:
1. Year of the Fish
2. Four Sheets to the Wind
3. The Nines
4. Fido
5. Animation Spotlight
6. War/Dance
7. Chicago 10
How funny that one of the opening films that was receiving so much praise was my least favorite. Chicago 10 had an interesting style and it was funny, but it was pretty irrelevant. The director wanted to mobilize resistance to the war in Iraq and just succeeded in telling a story about the Yippies. You could say there's a lot of parallels there, but I think he forgot to put them in the film... Anyway, all the movies I did like were just dramas, the top 2 were love stories. I guess I'm just in a sappy mood or something because both had me tearing up a little. Check out my previous post if you are interested in their Sundance synopsis.
While in Park City, we met a few celebrities and had one sighting. Now don't get too excited, but Screech from Saved by the Bell walked right past me! I wouldn't have even noticed him except for all the photographers saying it was him. Ok not very exciting, but we did meet Hoot, the owl who played Errol in Harry Potter.
1. Year of the Fish
2. Four Sheets to the Wind
3. The Nines
4. Fido
5. Animation Spotlight
6. War/Dance
7. Chicago 10
How funny that one of the opening films that was receiving so much praise was my least favorite. Chicago 10 had an interesting style and it was funny, but it was pretty irrelevant. The director wanted to mobilize resistance to the war in Iraq and just succeeded in telling a story about the Yippies. You could say there's a lot of parallels there, but I think he forgot to put them in the film... Anyway, all the movies I did like were just dramas, the top 2 were love stories. I guess I'm just in a sappy mood or something because both had me tearing up a little. Check out my previous post if you are interested in their Sundance synopsis.
While in Park City, we met a few celebrities and had one sighting. Now don't get too excited, but Screech from Saved by the Bell walked right past me! I wouldn't have even noticed him except for all the photographers saying it was him. Ok not very exciting, but we did meet Hoot, the owl who played Errol in Harry Potter.
He was really sweet and very tame. His trainer stuck his finger in Hoot's mouth and he didn't do anything, just stood there and took it. We also met the star of Year of the Fish, An Nguyen, who was really sweet and gave us fortune cookies that said "Year of the Fish." So it was a fun year and I'll probably keep on going, despite my previous frustrations with it :)
Now... to find some time for knitting...
1 comment:
What a great photo! And your gran says she does get email, so send her a link!
Post a Comment