One of the reasons to go to Oktoberfest is the food! I had potato pancakes and vegetable sour cream soup, which was so delicious - I ate it so fast I had no time for pictures. But Todd was having a time with his saucy paprika chicken and kraut that I was able to snap a picture.
I need to make the vegetable sour cream soup and I've managed to find some recipes online for the soup and the potato pancakes. The pancake recipe seems the same as Oktoberfests but the soup definitely did not have bacon in it - a true testament to the amount of vegetarians in Utah - restaurants have to support us ;)The next morning we went on the tram ride to 11,000 feet. There's a little bit of snow for September in the mountains and at the resort.
But obviously we are safe from snow in the Salt Lake Valley - at least for a little while.

Even though it's been fairly similar each year, I still love going up to Oktoberfest. Where else will I get to see people of all ages doing the chicken dance and hear songs about how you can't buy beer on Sunday in Provo?
1 comment:
Happy festing to you, it's the annual Oktoberfest here also. My favorite part will be the Torchlight Parade on Thurs. Your blog site is so cool...I enjoy watching your activities from afar, and sharing (in a small way)the joy you are experiencing in your life! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! emie
Post a Comment