I found this on Tan's blog and thought I'd try it (thanks Tan). I love knowing who shares my birthday and all that. So first, you go onto Wikipedia and put in your birthday w/o the year. Then list... (checking)... 3 events, 2 birthdays, 1 holiday.
September 20th
event: 1519 - Ferdinand Magellan - set sail from Sanlúcar de Barrameda with about 270 men on his expedition to circumnavigate the globe.
event: 1946 - The first Cannes Film Festival is held.
event: 1969 - John Lennon leaves The Beatles but does not make a public announcement
That last one is sad for me, but not as sad as all the bloody events that also happened on my birthday and probably everyone elses for that matter. Ah, aNyway...
birthday: 1486 - Arthur, Prince of Wales, son of King Henry VII of England
birthday: 1934 - Sophia Loren, Italian actress
Weird couple, huh? Well, they were the only people I know anything about on the whole list! :)
holiday: In ancient Greece, the seventh day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion began.
Umm... Woohoo, another reason to party!
Monday, July 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, you have some cool things on your birthday. But your holiday is the best. Totally ancient.
Post a Comment